Did you know that each of our feet contain 19 muscles, 26 bones, 33 joints and 107 ligaments? Proper foot support is critical to your overall health and well-being. Orthotics are orthopedic devices that are used to correct foot disorders or alter your gait to relieve stresses that can cause pain throughout your body. These precision medical devices are custom formed for each individual to adjust and control the function of the foot and its alignment with the lower leg. They can treat and prevent injury-causing motions such as excessive pronation (collapsing in) and supination (rolling out) and make standing, walking and running more effective. Some orthotics are designed to redistribute pressures on the bottom of your foot to alleviate pain from corns, calluses and bony prominences.
Getting the answers to a few simple questions can provide valuable insight into the cause(s) of your back, joint or foot pain. When the back acts up, check the feet!
- Do you stand or walk on hard surfaces for more than 4 hours a day?
- Do you participate regularly in any physical sport (running, soccer, hockey, cycling, basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, etc.)?
- Are you age 40 or over?
- Have you ever had a prior injury to your knee, back, or neck?
- Do your shoes wear unevenly?
- Do you have joint pain while standing, walking, or running?
- Is one of your legs shorter than the other?
- Do you have knock-knees or bow legs?
- Do you have any obvious foot problems (bunions, corns, flat feet, etc.)?
- Do your feet “toe out” when you’re walking?
If you give an affirmative answer to any of the above, consider yourself a likely candidate for flexible, custom-made orthotics.
• Flat feet
• Foot, knee or ankle pain
• Painful or fallen arches
• Bunions or Hammer toes
• Heel Pain
• Plantar fasciitis
• Low back or hip pain
Phone us now to book your orthotic assessment. We have a wide variety to choose from and also offer orthotic shoes and sandals.